After the Thailand SUP Festival, we are planning a 2 night SUP Adventure at Khao Sok National Park – one of the most natural, peaceful places in the world. Our preferred accommodation will be the Praiwan Rafthouse.
- It’s a freshwater lake, so perfect for swimming and SUP
- Amazing jungle wildlife – including Asian elephants, gibbons and over 300 species of birds
- Each room in the floating raft house has it’s own verandah, so it’s only a few steps from your room to the water
Bring your own inflatable SUP if you want to paddle.
Monday 17 June 2019
- Drive from Khanom to Ratchaprapha Pier (2 hours)
- Longtail boat from Ratchaprapha Pier to the rafthouse (40 minutes)
- Arrive in the afternoon for a late lunch – time to relax, swim and paddle
Tuesday 18 June 2019
- Sunrise Paddle – opportunity to explore different parts of the lake, including the “Little Guilin of Thailand” (if we book the Longtail boat)
- Relax at the rafthouse – swimming, paddling, yoga, sleeping, reading, kayaking … enjoy some peaceful down time!
- Sunset Paddle nearby the rafthouse, look for the gibbons, birdlife and maybe even elephants!
Wednesday 19 June
- Sunrise Paddle
- Check out of the rafthouse, and take the Longtail boat back to Ratchaprapha Pier (40 minutes)
- Drive or minivan transfer to your next destination. Transfers can be arranged to Surat Thani airport, Phuket, Samui, etc.
- Simple accommodation in floating raft house bungalows. Some rooms have ensuite bathrooms, but the simpler rooms will use the shared main bathroom.
- Rate includes 3 meals per day and free drinking water
- There’s no Wifi, Internet or mobile signal (leave your worries behind).
- Electricity is only available from about 6pm-9pm
Estimated costs: around 5000-6000 THB per person for 2 nights + transfers to the lake
- Rates for accommodation at Praiwan Rafthouse from 1,800 THB per person (per night) sharing a room, up to 2,500 THB per person (per night) in the deluxe bungalows. If we make a group booking maybe we can get a special rate.
- Transfer / Minivan from Khanom to Ratchaprapha Pier – we can assist, but there will be a cost for the minivan (maybe around 3000 THB one way). Or you can arrange a rental car and drive yourself.
- Longtail boat from Ratchaprapha Pier to the rafthouse = 2000 THB per trip (one way). We will try to share this cost between a few people. But if you have specific times you want to arrive / leave, then you may have to pay for the full cost yourself.
- Transfer / Minivan from Ratchaprapha Pier to Surat Thani airport or Donsak Pier – we can assist, but there will be a cost for the minivan (maybe around 3000 THB one way).
- Note: we are not a travel agency, and we do not make any money from this trip. We just offer to arrange the 2 night SUP Adventure at Khao Sok, for fun and friendship on the water.
VIDEO of Praiwan Rafthouse: https://www.facebook.com/1374236542790723/videos/1951663648381340/
Map link Ratchaprapha Pier: http://bit.ly/2Q55rgM
Map link Praiwan Rafthouse: http://bit.ly/2Vx0vlO