NOTICE OF RACE – 5th THAILAND SUP FESTIVAL 2018
Date: Saturday 7th April 2018
Location: LUX Beach Club, Bang Tao beach, Phuket, Thailand
- Online entry at thailandsupfestival.com (until 4 April)
- Race Day entry:
- Friday 16:30-18:30 at LUX Beach Club
- Saturday 07:30-08:30 at LUX Beach Club
- Saturday 13:00-14:00 at LUX Beach Club
- Online entry: 1500 THB (adults) or 900 THB (kids under 15)
- Race Day entry: 1700 THB (adults) or 1000 THB (kids under 15)
Long Course Technical SUP Race: from the beach in front of LUX Beach Club. Approximate distance 6km (3 x 2km)
Short Course Technical SUP Race: from the beach in front of LUX Beach Club. Approximate distance 2km (1 x 2km)
Race Map for Technical SUP Race (6KM & 2KM):
Pre-Event Race Registration
Registration will take place on the beach at LUX Beach Club at the following times:
- Friday 6 April, 16:30-18:30
- Saturday 7 April, 07:30-08:30
- Saturday 7 April 13:00-14:00 (for the afternoon activities)
Race Briefing for the Technical SUP Race (6KM & 2KM) – on the beach in front of LUX Beach Club at 08:30am.
The start of the race will be at 09:00 on Saturday 7 April on the beach in front of LUX Beach Club (on the north side of the swimming enclosure).
The 6KM race will start first. The 2KM race will start 3 minutes after the 6KM race.
- All competitors to complete the appropriate race/event registration form
- Board leash (leg rope) for all participants recommended
- Drinking water will be provided before and after the race – refill your Trash Hero bottle at LUX Beach Club
- PFD (Personal Floatation Device) is not required
There will be two Phuket Lifeguards on a jetski providing water safety during the race.
One paddle boarder will be on the water to provide support during the race.
Should any participant experience any kind of distress, we ask the participant to raise one hand or paddle in the air whilst sitting on their board to draw the attention of the lifeguard. It is the duty of the closest paddler to render assistance to any paddler that indicates that they require it.
Catering: Start/Finish line
Drinking water and sunscreen will be readily available for all particpants at the start and finish. No alcohol to be consumed prior to the race.
Fresh fruit will be available for all paddlers in the Technical SUP Race at the finish, around 10:30am.
The drinking water refill station will be located inside LUX Beach Club – all paddlers can get free refills all day with their Trash Hero water bottles.
We prefer that you use your Trash Hero refillable water bottles, rather than bringing unnecessary plastic bottles to the event.
Afternoon SUP Activities:
The afternoon SUP activities will take place from 14:00 onwards, on the beach in front of LUX Beach Club. If not already registered, registration will be open from 13:00-14:00.
- 200m Sprint
- Mixed Team Relay – 3 paddlers
- Fun Races – Kids/Family Races
Race Map for 200m Sprint:
Race Map for Team Relay and Family/Kids/Fun races:
Dinner & Presentations:
Buffet dinner will be provided to all registered paddlers at LUX Beach Club on Saturday around 18:00. Non-paddlers can purchase ticket on the day to attend the dinner, cost 450 THB for adults / 225 THB for kids under 9.
Presentations and Lucky Dip will take place at LUX Beach Club after the dinner, around 19:30.
Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Long Course – 6KM Technical SUP Race
- Men Under 40 – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Men Over 40 – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Women Under 40 – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Women Over 40 – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Short Course – 2KM Technical SUP Race
- Men – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Women – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Mixed Team Relay
- Teams – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Men – 1st over the finish line
- Women – 1st over the finish line
- Kids/Family Race
- Boys (under 15) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Girls (under 15) – 1st, 2nd, 3rd